Friday, March 8, 2019

a little unexpected bit of history

Somebody returned an inter-library loan this morning while I was at the main desk. It was a small book, or booklet, of eyewitness accounts from the revolutionary days: Paul Revere's ride, the Concord fight, Battle of Lexington. It says, "Being the depositions and narratives of PERSONS WHO PARTICIPATED".  (caps their idea, not mine!) 

So exciting! Oh, did I say that I cancelled the return of this book to the owning library and checked it out to myself? Did I need to say that?



3 comments:

  1. I was hoping you'd borrow it yourself! Looking forward to your comments and quotes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh fun! sounds fascinating! it's a very good perk to work at a library and be able to do as you did! hooray!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, firsthand accounts!! How fascinating! I will request it on ILL myself! (And hooray for the delights of working in the library and seeing what others are learning and reading!)

    ReplyDelete