Saturday, February 9, 2019

thanks for stopping by

Mr. Kibble showed up yesterday - I'm sure he's put on weight. I automatically fed him, and when I put the bowl down, I scratched his back! He liked it, but when he started to turn his head my way, I knew enough to move my hands behind my back. When he sees hands, he strikes out. But he wouldn't start eating until I was in the house - well, Rome wasn't built in a day.


He ate about half of it and looked at me. I told him he could eat the rest, or eat at home. (How hungry can he really be, anyway?) Diane's car was out much of the day, I noticed, and I think he was probably outside longer than he intended to be.

We don't want to give him too much food here, or do anything that might confuse him as to where he belongs. As long as he keeps going back there every day, all is well. He's learning, and meanwhile, it's very nice to see him now and then. He still has that way of looking at you.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad Mr Kibble has found his place. Also nice that he feels comfortable to visit you too. What a sweet, if slightly put out, face he has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slightly put out - yes! You've hit the nail on the head. :D

      Delete
  2. He does look a little fatter. I am glad he enjoyed his scratch, but what has he had to put up with in the past if he is frightened of hands?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!!!! I am glad for the progress!!! God bless this cat! :)

    ReplyDelete