Thursday, February 14, 2019

a little valentine cake

I like few things better than observing holidays - traditional ones, anyway. So, even though I had to go out mid-day, before I went I mixed up the dry ingredients for a banana chocolate bread from the latest Magnolia Journal magazine.


And then I got out the heart pan and baked it when I came home. Wasn't sure what we were having for supper, but had to make a Valentine's dessert! (we did not starve)


I was too lazy to put the excess batter into a cupcake tin, and I think that's why it sort of cracked - the pan was over full. Tastes delicious!

*I saw a youtube video the other day about aerating flour before you measure it. Well, we all know it's better to sift, but does anyone bother? Not me. But this person just ran a whisk through the flour canister - I can do that! So, that's what I did. A great idea.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, yes! Celebrate everything until further notice! I must check that Magnolia issue! This looks really good, regardless of the crack on top. That just allowed more of that wonderful aroma to escape while baking! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete