Wednesday, December 12, 2018

woodpecker damage

At certain times of the day, certain times of the year, we hear the tap-tapping of a woodpecker on our house - outside my bedroom, and on the other end of the house, near the chimney. My brother went outside on Sunday to chase him away and noticed big holes in the shingles. He ended up having to replace and paint that area.


Awful! But what's worse, today he was back. I chased him off, thinking if we keep at him, he won't be able to repeat the damage, but my brother went out to look - he has already made a good sized hole! Not good.

6 comments:

  1. we have had this problem multiple times! It's very annoying. Vin has patched, attached "deterrents" to the house(silver foil ribbon), threatened using rubber snakes (which I nixed!), they keep coming back. I think the only solution is vinyl siding!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Gail, don't tell me that - Sue was just telling me to put foil or pliable metal sheeting over it. He did something this morning before work - painted something over the area, I think. :(

      Delete
  2. How unfortunate! I hope you find a way of stopping the damage. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's a bummer, as they say. What DO people do??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought to bang on my wall the other day when I heard him, and he stopped. He hasn't been around much lately.

      Delete