Wednesday, November 7, 2018

bubble and squeak


I made Bubble and Squeak the other day. It tasted good, I'd never had Stilton before; but the recipe wanted me to melt butter in the skillet and heat up the potato and cabbage with very little stirring so as to form a crusty bottom. I don't think I'm good at this - how do you check it? Anyway, it wasn't very crusty, but when everything mixed up together, it tasted good and I think that's what matters. Served with sausages and carrots.

It called for chutney, so now I have to find a use for the rest of it.



3 comments:

  1. Yummy! I've never seen Major Grey's Chutney before, though we occasionally buy Crosse and Blackwell's Original Chutney. We use that in hot and cold sandwiches or as a dip and sometimes I add it to meals during the cooking process to liven up a rather bland meal (if I haven't anything else!).
    I cook rosti now and then which also calls for leaving the ingredients to brown underneath. I also get a little nervous about it burning or sticking and have to have a look now and then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun to try new things!!! :) I am sure you will find a use for the Chutney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The obvious use for the chutney is to make more Bubble and Squeak! I want to make some, too... (but I'm not suggesting you send me the jar.)

    ReplyDelete