Thursday, August 2, 2018

greenly summer

In spite of the extreme humidity we've been having, and knowing I could barely survive without the air conditioning, I am still glad for the long hours of sun and the bright green everywhere, the sounds of summer through open windows and warm breezes when they blow.


I thank you God for this most amazing day, 
for the leaping greenly spirits of trees,
and for the blue dream of sky
and for everything which is natural,
which is infinite,
which is yes.

-  e.e. cummings



4 comments:

  1. How green it all is! Our countryside is still parched and yellow after the drought. The farmers are having to feed the cattle on winter feed as there is not enough grass for them now. What they will do in the winter only Heaven knows!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clare, I had no idea this was going on in your country! I'm sorry to hear it.

      Delete
  2. I was just saying that I thought I could live without air conditioning, but couldn't possibly imagine not having iced drinks. ;) It is much less humid here though.

    That is a lush bit of greenery there! So many shades!

    ReplyDelete