Saturday, April 21, 2018

Psalm 71

It is you, O Lord, who are my hope,
my trust, O Lord, since my youth.
On you I have leaned from my birth,
from my mother's womb you have been my help. 
My hope has always been in you.

I will declare the Lord's mighty deeds
proclaiming your justice, yours alone.
O God, you have taught me from my youth
and I proclaim your wonders still.

Now that I am old and grey-headed,
do not forsake me, God.
Let me tell of your power to all ages,
praise your strength and justice to the skies,
tell of you who have worked such wonders.
O God, who is like you?

You have burdened me with bitter troubles
but you will give me back my life.
You will raise me from the depths of the earth;
you will exalt me and console me again.

So I will give you thanks on the lyre
for your faithful love, my God.
When I sing to you my lips shall rejoice
and my soul, which you have redeemed.

verses 5, 6 16-22a &23

4 comments:

  1. I love the Psalms...this email is beautiful...I am a follower of your blog for a couple of years and enjoy it immensely...Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. A comforting psalm for us older people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most definitely, Clare. Exactly why I posted it! :)

      Delete