Thursday, September 15, 2016

olives and rosemary

I was all set to squeeze out half an hour to bring Dolly outside today, when I remembered (thank goodness!) that I had bread on the second rise which might need to go in the oven. And, it did!  By then it was time to make supper.


I realized my pinterest board with bread recipes in it has been ignored for some time, so I thought I may as well choose a recipe from there to make today. It has kalamata olives and loads of rosemary in it - what a fragrance when it was baking! I threw in a little rye flour to make it better. I did not use a pot, or any part of her method, but just the ingredients. Yes, two tablespoons of rosemary - dried. It wasn't too much! And a good way to use up those olives in the fridge. I had a little, and then put it in the freezer.

I've got another crop of strawberries - they're larger this time, so I think they must not be alpines. Those are small, I believe. I'm also getting loads of plum tomatoes. I never got around to staking them, which was very bad of me, but so many plants seem to be propping each other up. Which is nice.

2 comments:

  1. That bread looks great. I've not added olives to my rosemary bread, but will give it a try. :-) Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bread looks wonderful! I easily get distracted when cooking or when I'm in the kitchen doing anything. I am always burning toast and that smell lingers on for hours! Our plum tomatoes have been wonderful this year too - we have had pounds and pounds of them; all so sweet and delicious.

    ReplyDelete