Thursday, January 29, 2015

in the dog house, so to speak

Dolly was sleeping at suppertime, so I fed Henry. Finally I woke her and had her eating on the front windowsill. Turned around, and there was Henry behind her! What else is new. He has never forgotten how he had to scrounge for food (how long? we don't know at all), hence being ready for mealtimes is his main concern. 

I shooed him off the sill and he plopped onto the couch. Sorry, buddy - you're too close to her for comfort, hanging around there like a vulture.  I drove him off of the couch. Wouldn't you know, he went inside that gingerbread house and laid down very comfortably. I had not yelled at him, nor threatened; I just ushered him along away from the dining Dolly. But he still chose a spot where I couldn't reach him. (well, I could just take the thing apart, but he doesn't know that)


I did not think he could fit in there

Naughty boy.

8 comments:

  1. Awwwww, he looks like he's pouting. He fits in there just perfectly, so cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pouting! That would never have occurred to me. But I think you may be right.

      Delete
  2. Yes, pouting. :) And it's funny how cats are practically shape-shifters when they want to fit into a space, like they suddenly have no spine or bones to worry about at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val, if you knew Henry - he's stocky and solid. I don't think shape-shifting is in his genes. :)

      Delete
    2. Ha. Is he? He looks like he's all fur like Stuffed. I'd been saying to Mike lately that I need to weigh Stuffed again since he's been looking puffier/fluffier, so I weighed him a couple weeks ago, and no: He is still just eight pounds, same as he's been each time I've weighed him over the years. He must just looked more fluffed-up sometimes.

      Delete
    3. He weighs eleven or twelve pounds most of the time, and we have to control what he eats. When he goes up the cellar stairs, he seems to be limping, sort of. Truthfully, I think he may be a mix of breeds that shouldn't have happened. He's not entirely cat-like. He doesn't feel comfortable up high, even when he's secure. He's a funny fellow. He doesn't have that impeccable balance he's supposed to. I wonder what type of cat(s) he is, exactly. I wonder if a blood test would tell it.

      Delete
  3. Henry would have you believe that was his intended destination all along.:-) Gotta love cats and the way they think!:-)

    ReplyDelete