Monday, December 2, 2013

the second Advent thing

the second thing I always want to do when Advent begins is hang up the gaudy wreath. It makes a big splash.


"The Advent liturgy builds up the excitement and anticipatory joy about the coming of the Lord. But is this not a preparation that can only lead to an anticlimax? I don't think so.

Advent does not lead to nervous tension stemming from expectation of something spectacular about to happen. Rather, it leads to a growing inner stillness and joy allowing me to realize that the One for whom I am waiting has already arrived and speaks to me in the silence of my heart."

                                                         -  Henri Nouwen

2 comments:

  1. the silence of one's heart is key. love the wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, knowing in my heart and remembering His birth ~ Very pretty wreath, not gaudy.:-)

    ReplyDelete