Monday, May 27, 2013

resurrection and life



Remember me when I am gone away,
   Gone far away into the silent land;
   When you can no more hold me by the hand,
Nor I half turn to go yet turning stay.
Remember me when no more day by day
   You tell me of our future that you planned:
   Only remember me, you understand
It will be late to counsel then or pray.
Yet if you should forget me for a while
   And afterwards remember, do not grieve:
   For if the darkness and corruption leave
A vestige of the thoughts that once I had,
   Than that you should remember and be sad.

Remember  -  Christina Rossetti



Martha said to Jesus, Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died. [But] even now I know that whatever you ask of God, God will give you. Jesus said to her, Your brother will rise. Martha said to him, I know he will rise, in the resurrection on the last day. Jesus told her, I am the resurrection and the life; whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die. Do you believe this?

                                                       - John 11:21-26



Memorial Day blessings!

3 comments:

  1. This is good Lisa, yes I believe but it is always good to be reminded of the question because "Do my actions reflect that I BELIEVE". I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. I'm going to meditate on this poem and scripture for the rest of the week. Thank you for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christina Rossetti is always thought provoking.. of course you know what I think about the other author. :)

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete