Saturday, March 3, 2012

thinking about food

As everyone who cooks regularly knows, you have to be thinking about food all the time. Well, it's Lent. It's a time of fasting. So, having to think about food seems to get in the way of the whole idea of Lent.


I was pondering this situation when I remembered something I'd done during Lent a few years ago.  I made the same thing for supper, each week, on the same day of the week. Everyone was in agreement on this - no one minded at all.  So I'm doing it again.


The same thing every Monday. The same thing every Thursday. The same thing every Saturday. Those are my days off. On Mondays, I'll also make a pot of soup which we can eat on Tues. and Wed.

Sundays will be as usual, a step up from the rest of the week.


I feel relieved.

4 comments: