Thursday, March 1, 2012

a surprise from Hana

Dear Hana, over here, has so kindly nominated me for a blog award - God bless her!

                                                

Hana is a nice young woman in the Czech Republic; she loves costuming and often travels around eastern Europe, then shows pictures of her wanderings which I really enjoy seeing. I discovered her when she joined a sewing forum I belong to, and something about the way she thinks and says things just caught me. And, she's a cat lover!  I don't think I need to say any more about that.  :)

I am supposed to nominate five other blogs I like, blogs with less than two hundred followers. So, here are my choices -


Sunny Corner Farm in Australia is a great favorite of mine!  Tracy's a sheep farmer, but she grows a lot of things besides sheep. Since I know I'd never last as a farmer, I've pondered why this is so fascinating to me. But I am always drawn by women who seem to do all sorts of things, but don't appear to be rushed! Tracy does all sorts of things outside, and still has time for needlework, not to mention her gourmet cooking - oh, if I were well-to-do, I'd want her to be my personal chef!

A Simple Life  is my next choice - I actually know this person! We work together at the library. Her blog is very different from mine - the photographs are so excellent, so artsy. And she's very clever at making things. You'll just have to take a look.

Beloved's Bride is the blog of a beautiful red-haired young woman, married to a military pilot. They have four cute children whom she's homeschooling, but I am also getting an education reading her blog - I get a big kick out of her techniques with them. She was also one of my first follower's, bless her!

Thrift At Home is a newer favorite of mine. Margo knows a lot about being thrifty; she sews very well and has a good eye with her creations. Her recipes sound real good. And, she has an Etsy shop.  I like blogs of people who know more than I do - she has many good ideas.

I've tried to determine if any of these have already received this award, and I don't think they have. My fifth choice is Val's blog, My Pretty Little Rough Patches. Val is a soft-hearted, sweet girl, fairly recently married to her long-time sweetheart and they have a very pretty cat. Val loves everything sweet and pretty and cozy and charming and family and gentle, etc. She's a dear.

Thank you again, Hana!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the lovely compliment(s), Lisa! I'm so glad Hana nominated your sweet blog. Sometimes I think your blog should have my title. No pasta puttanesca tonight. Maybe tomorrow.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! And thanks for sharing the links. I plan on visiting later... it's always nice to make new friends.

    Blessings, Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You so much, Mrs. Lisa! I appreciate your thoughtfulness. Such a nice blessings.

    ReplyDelete