Monday, February 13, 2012

a cold return


Yesterday the blackbirds came back - for a while they were all over the place.


I haven't seen them come or go in years - I guess they've been passing through while I was out.


I don't exactly remember when they've come back before, but it seems kind of early to me - yesterday it was very cold; around 20 when I took these pictures.


I don't know where they go for the winter, but here, it's been very mild almost all season. Would that make them come back early, if indeed they are back earlier than usual? But how would they know?  It just seems coincidental that it's far milder than normal, and (I think) they're back sooner than usual. And they had to pick one of our few cold days to arrive!

I hope they know what they're doing.

1 comment:

  1. Those blackbirds always make me think of Hitchcock's "The Birds". Very spooky looking, all of them sitting in tree, then down in the yard.....

    ReplyDelete