Friday, December 10, 2010

success at the thrift store

Last week I had a very successful trip to the nearby thrift store. 

I found a lovely pink vase, which looks very nice in the living room where another tall thing was needed.


Brought home a small wreath, which I thought to trim, but no matter what I did to it I couldn't get it right.
Until I decided to leave it plain, with a red and white striped ribbon from my supply; it looks just right in the kitchen.


There was a box in a back room with loose things in it - I scrounged around, and came up with these dark red berries,


and two sprigs of these sugar-coated looking berries, all three for forty nine cents,


and these look like they were made for this vase.  I also found eight smallish red glass ornaments for the tree, a cute mug, and a grey lambswool sweater to felt, which I used for my Christmas tree pin.

But I have to say my favorite thing I found that day, was a beautiful, deep red, one hundred percent cashmere sweater for $4.99.  Simple, ribbed turtleneck with nice, long-enough sleeves.


It was a large, but I decided to chance it and put it in the washer on gentle. It came out my size.     

A Christmas sweater for five dollars.                  
                                                                           
                                                                                                                                                            


                                                                    

3 comments:

  1. Those are some great items! I think you hit the jackpot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful, such great finds! I NEED to check out our local thrift stores, I've been very lucky with estate sales here.

    ReplyDelete