Thursday, December 9, 2010

meet Henry


This cat has been coming around for about a month - obviously hungry and homeless. We have a stray cat "motel" - for lack of a better word - outside, built by my brother a couple of years ago, because there are so many of these cats in our neighborhood, and this one was staying nearby so she could eat the food therein and sleep on the heated bed inside at night.  Not that we were looking for another cat, but we've been feeling sorry for this poor thing, so the other day we got it to the vet.

It's a he, and not a pregnant she as we feared (whew!), and is now called Henry. He's presently living in the basement  and seems happy to be so - and very grateful for a home - but he and Dolly are going to have to get used to each other, and that may take a while. He growls at her, which I don't like. She is our little darling, and for 5 years she's been the Princess. She's curious about him, and crept up to him once for a sniff, but he yeowled at her and they almost went at it.  I would hate to see her get cut up or scarred in any way.

Today I brought him upstairs, and he more or less ignored her while she stayed put; probably remembering the last time she showed interest.  Everyone assures me they'll work it out. 

We'll see. Let's hope.

3 comments:

  1. Well he is a handsome fellow! I SOOooo very much want to make the kitty that has adopted us an inside cat, but my husband (who is wonderful and compassionate) flat out refuses because (rightly so) he is worried about our children who have allergies. Your tale of taking Henry is has me longing to do the same for (we've named her) Elizabeth...after Uncle Elizabeth in "I Remember Mama"

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least this kitty friend of yours has some people who care - even if allergies prevent her coming inside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I never read this until now. How wonderful for everyone that you brought him inside. :)

    ReplyDelete