Saturday, December 4, 2010

blogging as a path to inhabit-ing

It occurred to me that having a blog can be a help on the way to {inhabit}ing your space; at least, that's the way I try to blog. It's a discipline which causes me to look around more alertly than I might normally do, to try and find something beautiful, interesting, or possibly helpful to others from my own little world. To be every day looking for the good helps turn the mind from what's less so. I'm focused on looking for something worthwhile, and am surprised that I've been able to keep it up for four months already! As long as I don't let it rule me, it helps me to capture time, as it's put in the {inhabit} thread, and I daily find more reason to appreciate what I have.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, it works this way for me too. I knew when I started writing the blog that I wanted it to focus on the good or be positive in its overall aim, but I think any time I sit down to post something new, photo or text, I just find myself in a more peaceful and positive frame of mind anyway. It really is just a nice "space" to be in from which to reflect or share or sort things out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree more. Since I started blogging I've focused more on what's good, I'm more grateful than ever of what I have and I now notice all the details, really take it all in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've found blogging to help me post the good, focus on the good, and be more motivated to create more good. I love the very idea of in-habit.

    ReplyDelete