Monday, July 22, 2024

eating, and being eaten

 I mean, my plants being eaten.




It's humid again, but the heat isn't so high. 

Whoever started to eat my parsley finished it off. I pulled up the plants and the bean plants, too. I ordered some garden netting from Amazon.

My mother used to make stuffed peppers, which was very tasty but was in the oven for over an hour. This I want to avoid in the summer. So, I copied something I saw on youtube the other day. I roasted five halved peppers (our own!), and meanwhile, sauteed some onion with seasonings, and then some ground beef. I added in a quinoa/brown rice mix and stuffed the pepper halves. Topped them with shredded Parmesan and back in the over for a short time, and that was dinner. Very nice.

6 comments:

  1. Your stuffed peppers sound good!
    And something is eating my rhubarb leaves! I thought they were poisonous? So far, no dead bodies lying about the garden. I'm thinking it may be possums, but I haven't seen them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure everything is equally poisonous to everyone, Lynda. But I do offer my sympathy! :D

      Delete
  2. It's lovely to have enough, size and quantity, of bell peppers from your own garden, for this kind of dish. My mother used to make them, too, and I did once or twice decades ago. It is too bad that they do tend to heat up the house while cooking. Your stovetop preliminary is a good solution!

    Gretchen Joanna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's much quicker and still tasty. In fact, I think the options are endless with this method, because things are cooked ahead.

      Delete
  3. I love your quick stuffed peppers idea too! I hope the netting helps to deter your pesky rabbits :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just opened the delivery - the netting is here!

      Delete