Monday, April 29, 2024

summer for a day

 All of a sudden today, it was summer. When I stepped out this morning, I felt a balminess that surprised me. Annie wasn't much interested in her supper. I decided to wash a window.

she was there when I moved the bed back

The cherry in the front yard is a thing of glory, which is the only way to put it. Filled, absolutely filled with blossoms. I can't believe it, and I looked up what I said about it here last spring. It was struggling last year, but not now! 


I should not take photos at dusk - then I have to fiddle with them. It isn't purply, it's pink. Pink everywhere!


I don't know how to do it justice.


It was predicted to be in the seventies for the whole week, but you have to keep checking, because they change it. And so they did; it's going to be in the sixties - well, that's more normal. But now I feel warmed up. Things are different.



2 comments:

  1. The cherry tree is so very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a delight, and I'm so amazed it's doing better. The petals are coming down now, but it bloomed quite a while.

      Delete