Saturday, April 27, 2024

afternoon delights

I used a different setting on my camera for this one

 My boss sent me a photo of a rabbit, seen in some shrubbery at the library. This is a big deal, because rabbits have been living in the bushes around the building, and they've all been ripped up. We were concerned - well, some of us were. But they are a hardy race, and it seems they just moved over a little.


I finished sewing my cleaning cloths, and now I shouldn't run out for any reason, for quite a while. And I've been shopping around online, looking at fabrics I might want to use for a dress lining. Maybe some broadcloth. 

"People talk a lot of ballyhoo about suffering improving you. I should say that what it does is to underline what you were before."

                        -      The Scent of Water, by Eliz. Goudge


2 comments:

  1. That is such an intelligent quote from Elizabeth Goudge! Observing people who are suffering gives such insight into peoples' character doesn't it? I don't mean this to sound callous or impersonal but we all do watch our suffering friends. Some surprise me with their fortitude and others, who always seemed sure of themselves fall to pieces. I suppose we all act a part to some extent and suffering can strip us bare.

    ReplyDelete