Saturday, February 10, 2024

it might as well be spring


It is entirely spring-like today; I saw a neighbor pruning his grape vines earlier. Why not? Although I know nothing of grapevines. It's going to snow on Tuesday.


About a week ago, a chunk of our wooden back-door stoop broke off; well, the house is sixty three years old. My brother planned to fix it, but it's winter. But then it got warm! And today, when he gets out of work earlier than on weekdays, he is working on it. The cats are closed in the spare room, where I'm sure Annie feels safe from all the noise, and Daisy feels overwhelmingly curious, and maybe a little scared, but not enough to quell the curiosity.

I finished the RFK Jr. book - it was excellent. I like him. May God keep him alive. I was reading Towers in the Mist, but it's one of Goudge's historical ones, and I can't seem to get in the mood for it, so I've put it aside. I'm still going through Christina Rossetti's poems.


And somebody dropped off the cat stories at the library this week. That's more my cup of tea at the moment.

5 comments:

  1. RFK's large book TRAF? wow

    Gretchen Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I see from your last post, it's a book *about* him, not by him.

    GJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gretchen, we have that book and the one about vaccines at the library; his books are so full of facts and he references everything - the margins are almost nonexistent. But they are like reference books - I can't imagine actually reading them. This was good, written by a friend or acquaintance. He's not perfect but he's honest and a man of good will. That's more than enough for me at this point.

      Delete
  3. about poems and cats: I came across a lovely poem by William Butler Yeats this week. And I have a cat book on its way from the library. Hope to get a blog post on this week about both. Providing my headaches behave and stay away :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeats' poetry is just lovely, I think. If it was the Song of Wandering Aengus, Sam Neill reads it beautifully on youtube. :) I look forward to the post about the cat book!

      Delete