Sunday, December 17, 2023

one more week

 


I had Mary and Joseph on a small shelf above the sink. Then one day I heard a *clunk*; the Blessed Mother had taken a fall. Now they are right in the window, and that's where they'll wait for the Baby. It's all good. I don't think Daisy - did you doubt it was she? - will reach up so far, so they should be safe.

And let each heart prepare a home
Where such a mighty guest may come. 

"In Christ, not in ourselves, lies the source of all our joy in this Advent season - and always!"

- from Magnificat, December, 2023


4 comments:

  1. I had a feeling it might have been Daisy! Alice has sent us a little film of her cat Mona playing with their Christmas tree decorations. So far, whenever Mona has visited us at Christmas she has ignored the tree. I do hope she hasn't learnt that trees are cat toys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I wish you luck, Clare! One consolation is that Mona is a year older than last time, and more sedate (hopefully). :D

      Delete
  2. All was well. She behaved so nicely all week and it was a real pleasure to have her with us. :)

    ReplyDelete