Wednesday, November 22, 2023

preparations

 Well, tomorrow's Thanksgiving, and I've made cookies, the sweet potato pie and the broccoli gratin. The pear sauce (pears were on sale when I was looking for apples, so I made pear sauce instead!) is defrosted. My brother ordered a berry pie from a customer who was selling some frozen ones, so I just baked that. I think that's enough for today. 

There were a lot of dishes to wash. I used homemade bone broth for the gratin sauce and forgot it wasn't seasoned - after it was put together it occurred to me, so I sprinkled some salt over it and will hope for the best. :)


It looked pretty good after assembling.

We'll see what tomorrow brings.



2 comments:

  1. It looks very good! I hope it all went well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It went well and everybody was happy, but I think next year I will change some things.

      Delete