Thursday, October 19, 2023

beautiful, dramatic October

 I think it's peak foliage days around here. It was sunny, and then overcast, back and forth all day. I finally got outside in late afternoon to put my other raised bed together; everything was so brilliant.






I loved the first raised bed - it was well made, with perfectly cut sections. I put it together and went back to Amazon to order another - no longer available. I found another one which looked exactly the same, but with different wood. It came with poorly-cut pieces that were splintering. My brother showed me that it could be used, because I was getting ready to return it. So, I managed and it's almost together now, but not as nice as the first. But I was glad of the fresh air; too often I get mired in the household affairs, which are never done anyway.

Often just when I'm getting in bed, one of the cats will be there and then the other one comes - then they must wrestle. On my bed. Fortunately, after a minute, one takes off and the other flies after. They wrestle at mealtimes, rather than wait patiently - I suppose they figure why not do something while we wait?



"Beautiful, dramatic October! I wish it could last for a year."

-  Gladys Taber



2 comments:

  1. Those trees look gorgeous! What a pity you couldn't get the same type of raised bed. I'm glad your brother was able to help you set it up and ultimately it won't make any difference to the plants you grow in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would have been a pain to return such a large and heavy box, too! This bed will look the same as the other, but this other company just didn't cut the pieces nicely as the other company did. Who knew?

      Delete