Monday, September 18, 2023

a kitchen day

 I couldn't get the chick photos off my tablet for some reason, so I'll have to take some more tomorrow. They grow fast.

I made the pear sauce in the crockpot today, with some ginger and vanilla; it's in the freezer now, for Thanksgiving, maybe. It might be nice over ice cream or gingerbread, too. And four of the avocados got turned into chocolate mousse pudding. I was glad to discover the recipe in my box, because the link on my Pinterest board goes nowhere - the original site is gone. 

I rarely see rabbits anymore, but my brother seems to see them after dark, in the front yard. It rained today, a gentle on-and-off rain and before it got too dark I saw one, almost camouflaged against the hedge. They seem to like it when it's wet out. 


He wasn't moving, just resting, I suppose. I really wanted to wash this north window in my room, but the kitchen detail kept me busy. When you buy almost ripe or overripe produce, you have to put other things aside. Although I'm sure I could be more efficient with my time. But I have pear sauce in the freezer and some nice healthy-ish chocolate pudding for snacks, if I need one. And dirty windows and bathroom wallpaper I want to finish removing. 

1 comment:

  1. Rabbits live under the little Shanty out back of our house. Millie gave up on trying to catch them. A coyote comes in the yard at night. We see evidence. They eat persimmons and maybe rabbits. Mary @ Hilltop Post

    ReplyDelete