Monday, May 22, 2023

excitement for Daisy

 


The cats like to sit in chairs at the doors, watching everything. But Daisy was on the front window sill, and a baby robin perched on that plant container just outside the front door. It sat there for two or three minutes, a long time, with Daisy watching from the window, and me talking to it. I was so surprised it stayed, but I guess it was young and hadn't learned to be cautious. A robin parent was nearby, talking furiously, and still it sat. Finally, Daisy flew to the chair to get a closer look -the bird stayed. I couldn't believe it. And then my brother came in to take a photo, and it was too much for the young bird. But, what excitement!

3 comments:

  1. So exciting! These poor innocent baby birds have no idea of all the lurking dangers have they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't decide if they're better off, or not. ;-)

      Delete
  2. oh wow! a sweet story! baby robins!

    ReplyDelete