Thursday, February 2, 2023

four farewells

 Four people we know died last week; we went to a funeral today, and attended one on Monday. There was another, yesterday, which I couldn't get to - I was at work and couldn't get anyone to fill in. The fourth was a schoolmate of my brother's.

I found that after both funerals, I came home and didn't feel like just going back to my chores as usual - that I felt like doing only what was essential, like the laundry and dinner, the dishes and feeding the cats, but otherwise it seemed like it should be a quiet time. 

Three of these people were old, and we all know we aren't going to live forever on this earth. Still, you knew them and now they're gone, and it's something to ponder.

May they rest in peace. Amen.

Jesus Christ is the light no darkness can extinguish.  (from Magnificat)

3 comments:

  1. May they rest with the blessed.

    -Gretchen Joanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let light perpetual shine upon them. xoxo

    ReplyDelete