Monday, February 6, 2023

a robin in winter

 My brother tells me it's supposed to get up near sixty on Friday! I checked - it's so. Before that, a very little snow again tomorrow night for a couple of hours. 

I forgot to mention that Saturday, on the coldest day of this winter, I saw a robin. Now, in this part of the world they tend to go south for the winters, although the Audubon Society says there are some who stay all year. But it's rare that we see them here. In fact, I looked it up in my blogposts, and we saw some nine years ago, and again six years ago. And Saturday. I saw him at the edge of the brook, and stood at the window, staring. Then he flew toward the house and that was it. Just one. I even called my brother at work, because - what the heck - it was unusual. And he said the fellow whose hair he was cutting had also seen one. On the coldest day, of all things. 

2 comments:

  1. Isn't having a blog as a searchable record for these sort of observations!! The record keeping aspect wasn't part of why I started writing mine, but it sure is handy now! It was 50 here today! A heatwave! In February!

    ReplyDelete