Thursday, November 24, 2022

giving thanks

 It was Thanksgiving today! It went well, I think, although the turkey breast was a little dry. I suppose I should buy turkey more often, so I can practice my technique.



A client of my brother's gave him an apple crumb pie yesterday, still warm! That was nice. I made pumpkin, and that is enough dessert for three people over sixty-five, with a few chocolates. We made sure the cats had turkey canned food. 


Heavenly Father, gratitude fills our hearts today as we recall all you have given us. Keep us ever thankful and generous in your holy service.

- from Magnificat, November 2022




6 comments:

  1. Love the glass decoration! I did a turkey breast in my slow cooker for Canadian Thanksgiving this past October .... really moist FYI. 🙃🦃🥰

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to have turkey for Christmas lunch but not so often in recent years. Mum, Elinor and I prefer the dark meat on the legs so there was always such a lot of white meat left over (for curries and pies etc., so no waste). I always cook the turkey breast-down with lots of bacon covering the bird. I love your autumnal table with the pretty leafy napkins! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Clare! Bacon - it does add way more excitement to anything!

      Delete
  3. What a pretty table! Did you have company- whose the third feaster over 65?

    ReplyDelete