Monday, October 10, 2022

out of bounds

 If you've been around here a while, you may remember that at Christmas time, I put the small nativity on the lowest shelf of the corner cabinet in the kitchen. The cats always showed an interest - Dolly, Henry, Sweetie - but as long as I kept enough things in there, they understood there was no room for them. Then we got Annie, and she was not deterred by that consideration - I had to move it up a shelf to the middle section, and that did the trick. Now, Daisy is with us.

You are wondering, no doubt, why I'm thinking of this in October. I was sitting at the kitchen table yesterday and heard a sound; I looked over.


Can you believe it? What she was doing there, I don't know. Is it the challenge? "Why did you climb Mt. Everest? Because it was there!" Is that it? Anyway, this is the middle shelf. The piece of pottery got moved. 


And so did Daisy. 

The nativity is too small to be seen from the top shelf, but I did put it over the sink, on those shelves, once before, and that's what I'll have to do again. 

*Maybe that "conversation" with my brother the other day isn't so far off the mark. Maybe I really should move that "candle" on the top shelf. (but it wasn't on, so I don't think she was thinking of the candle - and I really don't want to move it! ) 

6 comments:

  1. Daisy will certainly keep you very busy! Looking after older cats makes us forget quite how adventurous and agile young ones are. Such fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun - oh, yeah! :D Annie really seems so staid in comparison.

      Delete
  2. Daisy reminds me of my Freya. She is a climber too. Loves to walk along the top shelf in my lounge room, but is very careful, despite it being full of breakables. They certainly keep life interesting :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this morning when Daisy walked from my bed onto the nightstand, going around the lamp, piles of books and other things there I held my tongue, thinking of you and Freya, and she did not upset anything. But I'm not sure I should take that attitude every time she appears on a shelf! :D

      Delete
    2. Lynda, must you encourage her?? :D I was pretty surprised at how she just curved herself around that jar.

      Delete