Monday, September 26, 2022

back again

 I really like blogging, but I was sick. I had very little inclination to be taking pictures. And now I'm out of the habit. 

So, what's new around here. My brother pulled up the plants in the big garden, and then it poured. I started washing the windows; this is wonderful, because they never got done in the spring. 

I started listening to the Close Reads podcast because they're reading A Gentleman in Moscow, and while it looks interesting, I don't think I'll get to it. But I can listen to their conversation, anyway.  

We have a new furry person in the family. I hope Annie will get used to her. Her name is Daisy, and she appeared outside my bosses house a couple of weeks ago, a kitten about four months old. Nobody claimed her, no chip. We thought Annie needed a friend, but it was tense at first. Things are better now. She is awfully sweet, a light-colored tabby. Annie looks like a big horse next to her, except horses don't growl. But it is better, and Annie seems to be going back to her previous routine. I want cats who love each other. We'll see.

6 comments:

  1. So sorry you were sick!! I would love to see your new furry friend in a picture and I do hope they learn to be friends 🐈❤️🙏🕯🐈💙 bless you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elizabeth! She moves so much, it's not going to be easy....... Plus I have a new camera which is more complicated that I expected. :(

      Delete
  2. I hope you are feeling better now, Lisa.

    I know what you mean about blogging. I enjoy it too, but if too much time goes on between my posts, I don't know where to start?! I live in hope that I might be able to get a 'Home front' post on once a week. But...

    Oh...a new furry friend! I hope they get on :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynda. They are getting along well now! It's wonderful that Annie has a friend.

      Delete
  3. I stopped blogging ages ago and can't seem to find the right time to start again. I haven't taken any pictures either, which means I haven't the impetus to write. I am so pleased you have another cat and that Annie and she are getting along okay now. I am sorry you have been ill xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your blog is very detailed so restarting could be daunting, for sure. And if you aren't taking pictures - it's tough. I keep noticing that my photos from years ago were more original, but I don't know if nagging at myself is the best course! :D Thanks for the sympathy. :)

      Delete