Monday, April 18, 2022

"fearful, yet overjoyed"

 Easter was so lovely this year. I mean, it was too cool - not even fifty degrees - but bright and sunny,   just very Easter-ish. And I was able for once to go to all the services on Holy Thursday, Good Friday and Holy Saturday, and that's enough to really draw you into the whole experience of the death and resurrection of the Lord. It was terrific.

Meanwhile, I decided to make a favorite veggie lasagna for a change, and after puzzling over what to have for dessert, I remembered the Polish lady had made a babka for us with icing on it, so I defrosted it and served it along with some chocolates we had left over from Christmas. That was plenty! An easy dinner. I like fussing, but I need to be realistic and use what we've got. 

This image is on the current cover of Magnificat, and I like it -

The Maries at the Sepulchre, imitator of Andrea Mantegna

"Mary Magdalene and the other Mary went quickly from the tomb, fearful yet overjoyed".*

 Yes, I'm sure they were.


*Matthew 28:8

No comments:

Post a Comment