Friday, March 11, 2022

little diversions


 It was truly a winter wonderland yesterday morning, snow sticking to all the tree branches and the clothesline. But it was just a diversion because the temp went up to fifty and the snow mostly went away. I don't miss it - my daffodil leaves are up, very clumped together and I can see I'll have to divide them after blooming. 

A co-worker introduced me to Wordle - do you know it? I'm not one for crosswords, though I used to like the cryptograms in the Sunday paper years ago. Wordle appears on the New York Times website every day; it's always a five-letter word that you have to guess, and you've got six tries. If you've got a letter right, it shows in yellow and if it's also in the correct spot, it shows up green. It's a little thing to get your mind working, and I love it. And the fact that it's every day, clean fun and others you know may be doing it is also a nice thing. You can also go back to previous games because they're archived. It may be just what you need. 

2 comments:

  1. I know a couple of people who play Wordle but because the words are spelt the American way I think I would get too confused! I quite enjoy crosswords and other word puzzles but using the old-fashioned method of pen to paper. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you doing the crosswords, Clare. I can't be bothered and they seem to take so long, so this is welcome. And about my speed, too. :D

      Delete