Sunday, December 19, 2021

soon and very soon

 We sing this hymn at least once during Advent in recent years in church, and we did this morning. 



There isn't enough time in the week for me to do every thing that comes to my mind to do. We will see what happens. 

The advent of our God
Our prayers must now employ,
And we must meet him on his road
With hymns of holy joy.

Daughter of Zion, rise
To meet your lowly King,
Nor let your faithless heart despise
The peace he comes to bring.

- from Magnificat, December 2021


3 comments:

  1. The Advent hymn is a good one. Oh Lisa! I know just what you mean about 'the list of things to do' and the small amount of time in which to do it! I live in hope that I will be able to get most of it done but this morning I had a bad headache which slowed me down a lot. Ugh! Mum has given me a few extra jobs and Elinor is moaning about how much she dreads Christmas because everyone is so busy and bad-tempered!!! Give me strength! Fortunately, I am now laughing about this :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the same today - I didn't vacuum, or do any cards. But I made lentil soup and cookies to bring to work tomorrow. I did laundry, cleaned in the bathroom and lots of dishes. I was not idle.
      I'm sorry about your headache, and am full of sympathy! As long as you can laugh, maybe you won't be bad-tempered with Elinor! ;-)

      Delete