Friday, November 26, 2021

grateful

I am grateful for being able to cook much of the Thanksgiving food the day before, while I had a nauseous headache. 

I'm grateful I was able to eat dinner today with a nauseous headache, and feel better afterward.

I am grateful for two people who didn't care that it just wasn't in me to make the mashed potato and turnip, or the glazed carrots. They ate what I did make, and complimented me on it.

I'm grateful to be working in a place that's always closed the day after Thanksgiving.

I am grateful for Exedrin, kombucha and peppermint tea.

I'm grateful that after thinking I'd have to cook an eight pound turkey breast for over three hours, I found Ina Garten's recipe which said it would only take a little more than two. At the same temp. It was perfect!


Dolly is grateful for an evening of pleasurable jazz, which I saw her enjoying every time I came into my room, where she was snuggled up to the radio.

In all circumstances give thanks, for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.

 -    I Thessalonians 5:18


4 comments:

  1. So sorry for the struggles but thankful for everything you mentioned ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Elizabeth. I think it's finally behind me.

      Delete
  2. Poor you! I'm sorry you haven't been well, Lisa especially at Thanksgiving! I join you in heartfelt thanksgiving that you got through it all and felt better afterwards. So nice to be able to recover at home <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Clare. :) Yes, it does take a while to get over the stubborn ones! A balanced meal does make a difference, which shouldn't be a surprise to me. At least I wasn't laid up with it.

      Delete