Thursday, December 12, 2019

awaiting the day

I was mixing a batch of cupcakes today when I heard a metallic "clunk". There was a screw on the counter. The KitchenAid was still running and it took me a while to find the space where it belonged. Check your mixers once in a while for loose screws!


We had two days of warm weather and plenty of rain, and our lovely snow disappeared. But then it got cold on Wednesday morning and snowed again, more than the weathermen thought it would, so it's white once more, and cold. I went outside that morning at work to get the newspaper and grabbed my little camera.


Later, the sun came out.



Today was Frank Sinatra's birthday  anniversary - how could I forget? Other Catholics know this to be the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe; I know it's Sinatra's birthday.

The little orphan has been howling and acting strangely. It took us a bit to realize what the problem is, poor mite. She is six months old and needs to be spayed; her appointment is in a month. She still seems so small!

We've been singing this in church recently.

O come, divine Messiah!
The world in silence waits the day
When hope shall sing its triumph,
and sadness flee away.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful snowy pictures, Lisa! We have just been having rain, rain, rain; I asked for rain in the early autumn but I hadn't meant this much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear. And no rain with fires in other places!

      Delete
  2. Lisa, the first picture of the snow could pass for a painting. All of these snow pictures are beautiful! I love the blue sky in the last one.

    I love that you remember Frank Sinatra's birthday! How special. You have two days to celebrate that day.

    Sweet little imp. She is in good hands with you, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete