Saturday, October 19, 2019

bright October

Where I live, the month with the most sunny days is October. I wasn't sure this October was living up to it's reputation, but today was such a day.


We had a violent wind and rain storm Wednesday night which caused many colored leaves to come down before their time, along with quite a few branches; so I went outside to get some sunshine and fresh air. 


I started out wearing crocs because I expected the ground to be wet, but it wasn't. And, as I worked to pick up the sticks, I got warmed up enough to shed my sweater and shoes. There were no clouds. That's what October usually is around here - bright colors, sunshine and days made for being outside. 


The blue and gold perfection of October makes up for whatever was less than ideal about summer. If only it would last a little longer.


7 comments:

  1. I love that last picture, and yes, I wish fall were longer too. Fall and spring always seem the shortest seasons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A beautiful fall is really more like an extension of summer to me.

      Delete
  2. A beautiful day! What lovely pictures you have taken!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it does look lovely where you live Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tracy! I am sorry about the drought where you live.

      Delete
  4. To be 31 days long, October goes by in a brilliant flash. And the blue and gold is so pretty. Every year. Glad you are getting out and enjoying it, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete