Thursday, August 15, 2019

summer soup and a big cat

I'm a little bit thrilled to have found a new soup recipe that's really delicious (even though I had to turn on the AC to make it). It is in this month's Better Homes and Gardens*, and I used our own yellow squash and tomatoes in it! (I did alter it slightly, adding two extra cups of stock and only half the amount of lemon juice) I have found, however, that my point and shoot camera never takes a good soup photo - the look is always so shiny and unnatural; I couldn't get a good one with the DSLR, either. You will have to believe me, that it was great.

We have tomatoes almost pouring in now, but that is okay. A lunch with a couple of them warm from the sun, cut up and sprinkled with bits of feta is perfect.

They've been digging up our street, redoing the storm drains which are about sixty years old, so that's welcome.


It' is a bit inconvenient getting in and out, especially when someone is coming over and they're not sure how to get to your house when the road is blocked off. But it does give the cats something to look at.



*If you look at the link, you'll see the recipe heading says it's made with cherry tomatoes, but when you read the recipe you'll see it's made with full-sized ones. I wouldn't use small tomatoes for this.

3 comments:

  1. The recipe looks delicious!
    Roadworks are so inconvenient but usually so necessary. We have had most of our local roads repaired or dug up for new cables/pipes recently. Getting about has been very difficult. You have my sympathies <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The soup sounds really good and like you said, a good use of the abundance. My little one would love to have all that construction activity outside. Necessary but so inconvenient! I love seeing your big CAT. I was expecting a kitty and it took me a while to get your play on words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound really good! I wouldn't be able to smell or taste it through your photo that didn't happen, but looking at the recipe makes it appealing, as does your report.

    ReplyDelete