Monday, May 20, 2019

a Mr. Kibble update

I finally got over to Diane's last Monday to see Mr. Kibble. We were petting him, Diane was kissing him, and he was cool with it all, the dear fellow! She said he'd had a growth on his lip which got  taken care of, and then he had a scratch under his eye. She had some ointment for it. She told me he seemed content to stay indoors, only going to the door to look out.

Yesterday evening I had Dolly on a leash outside and Diane called to me. She had some sorry news - Friday night she realized that Mr. K. has gone blind. We knew that his immune system isn't good - you can always hear his breathing at a distance, and it never gets better. Also, the periodic growths: last summer a couple of times he showed up with little things growing out of his forehead, which would get bigger and then disappear, I suppose getting knocked off when he groomed himself. He's older, his teeth aren't good and he has been on his own too long. But the poor little guy, to get this now, when he's finally in a place he can call home! We feel so badly about it.

enjoying a fine June day last year

Please remember him in your prayers.

8 comments:

  1. How sad. But at least he has a loving home and family to care for him, and about him, now. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sad news! I am glad he is safe and so very well cared for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sad news. It is good news that he is in a safe and happy place with the best of care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh poor thing. I'm glad he's in good hands.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No wonder he is content to be a house cat now! Sounds like he has the best life possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. I realize now that must be why he hasn't wanted to go out. I suppose he was blind last Monday when I was there - it's not something you expect or look for when petting and fussing over a cat, unless something draws your attention to it.

      Delete
  6. Poor Mr. Kibbles. I am so thankful that in his years of health decline he has all of you to love and kiss and care for him. Blessings! I am so heartened that he has a safe home. All poor blind cats should be so lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank God he has the care he needs now! that is sad though! God bless this cat!!!

    ReplyDelete