Tuesday, December 11, 2018

prayers for Mr. Kibble

This was the gospel for today's Mass:

"Jesus said to his disciples, What is your opinion? If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them goes astray, will he not leave the ninety-nine in the hills and go in search of the stray? And if he finds it, amen, I say to you, he rejoices more over it than over the ninety-nine that did not stray. In just the same way, it is not the will of your heavenly father that one of these little ones be lost."


I was going out this morning at nine, but before I went I opened the back door to see if Mr. K. would come out to eat, and he did. I was leaving soon, so I put out two bowls of canned food for him, and he was eating heartily. I returned at 6:30 this evening to see a note from my brother, that he'd been home three times, Mr. Kibble hadn't come out of his shelter, so my brother looked inside to realize he wasn't in there. It's cold - it's been in the thirties during the day, and he has enjoyed being cozy in there, with three heated beds, not to mention the clear plastic flaps over the exits to prevent wind blowing through, and the bit of insulation bro put up on the "ceiling". 

I called Diane - her husband was home and hadn't seen him. Then I bundled up and tried to search in the back yard with a flashlight but it was hard to see well even with the light. My brother drove around all the streets in the area on his way home tonight, but didn't see any sign of him. We are worried about our little friend.

4 comments: