Saturday, September 29, 2018

"art in the small ways of living"

"How much art there can be,... in the small ways of living. Sometimes we get lazy, but I think the effort spent in putting an ironstone bowl of pine branches on the table is well spent. And getting out the fragile grandmother china is worth it too. Often we do not bother to use the small gracious touches, and it is a pity. For no matter what heaven may be like, there is no use just waiting for it."

                                                 -   Gladys Taber



4 comments:

  1. yes and creating beauty creates peace in our homes and points to order, goodness and hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lisa. That is spot on. And something for me to remember when I'm stuck in an unreasonably pragmatic perspective. I was dusting around some gems and things I have on a shelf at home and thinking: It would be easier to dust if I didn't have these knick-nacks here....but then where would I be without a beautiful quartz geode to gaze upon when the sun hits it just right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly, if you love it and it's important to you, you should have it in your home, I would think. It contributes to your whole family vibe, so to speak. :)

      Delete