Thursday, May 12, 2016

birthday cookies

I made these bars today. 


They were very easy, and oh so good.  


And then I walked some over to Debra's, in time for her birthday. 


My slightly simplified version  -

Into your mixer bowl, put:
  • two and a half cups rolled oats
  • one and a half cups of flour
  • a half cup of whole wheat flour
  • one cup brown sugar
  • one cup of canola oil
  • one teaspoon baking soda
  • one half teaspoon of salt
  •  2 eggs
  • one tablespoon of vanilla
Mix well, then stir in some dark chocolate chunks, as many as look good to you; press the mixture into a greased 13x9 pan, and sprinkle more chunks on top, pressing them into the dough. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes, and let them cool in the pan for half an hour.  Cut, and eat!


2 comments:

  1. Think I'll have to do some baking today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! Lucky Debra - I hope she had a happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete