Sunday, March 20, 2016

plenty of corned beef

It's Holy Week, and I always want to have matzoh around; it seems fitting.


In reality, even though I love it, too much messes up the digestion - it's basically just flour and water.


I've been listening to this CD which Cyndi gave me a few years ago -


it was on repeat so many times, I think the cats got hypnotized - it was ten before seven and I realized they hadn't had their supper. Amazing that Henry wasn't asking for it!


We got lots of mileage from our corned beef and cabbage this year.  I bought two packages of the meat, and cooked one on St. Patrick's Day with the vegetables. There wasn't enough meat for leftovers on Saturday, so I cooked the other one.


Today I abandoned my dinner plans in favor of making a pot pie. There was a dill flavored dough in the freezer, so I took it out last night.  Into the casserole dish went the meat (there was plenty) and the carrots. I thought it should be without a gravy inside, so I baked it as it was, and made a gravy to serve over it. I know it's essentially the same thing, but the idea of some kind of gravy inside the pie with corned beef didn't sound right. So, we had it with the heated-up cabbage and some potatoes, and salad. Half of it is left, and we'll eat it on Tuesday after work!

Joining Rosie and Leila.

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea about the corned beef pie. Wishing you a blessed Holy Week!

    ReplyDelete