Monday, September 1, 2014

Pinterest recipes: lemon tart with rosemary crust

Theirs, of course, looks prettier than mine did. But it was really good and it's almost gone. And so easy to make!


I used whole wheat pastry flour, not spelt; nor did I notice the rosemary; that's either because I used dried rosemary and only one teaspoon, or because the lemon flavor was so strong it over powered it. And it is very strong, so if you don't love lemon, don't bother with it. In fact, there was an aftertaste which I am wondering might go away if I used just slightly less lemon juice next time, but I don't know. And I think it would be fine with a graham cracker crust, too. But really, what could be easier than whisking together a cup of plain Greek yogurt with a half cup of sugar, two eggs (one at a time, of course), a half cup of lemon juice and a teaspoon of lemon zest? Put it in your pie shell and bake it. That is all! I tell you, this is a keeper.

3 comments:

  1. I made this, too! We loved it and now, seeing yours, I want to make it again. I thought the rosemary flavor was there, but subtle. I really love rosemary with sweet things (had rosemary raisin scones for breakfast this morning).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm guessing you used fresh rosemary, and a whole tablespoon. I was afraid to use that much with the dried.

      Delete
  2. Thanks, I'll give it a try! I like lemony stuff, pie, cakes, bars ☺

    ReplyDelete