Thursday, April 10, 2014

the final three

The Lenten season has given me an impetus to look at my unfinished projects and one of them is this circle/button quilt from - three years ago!  I've been picking away at it and there are only three more circles to quilt around. 


What to do between the circles is what's hung me up for all this time - what do I do with it?  I have contemplated stitching blue eddies all around the circles as in a pool of water but now I think that's too ambitious for this funky piece. Lately, a series of (blue again) "waves" going across some areas was an idea. I don't know. But the in betweens have to be filled in with some kind of quilting. Maybe, like Scarlet O'Hara, I should just think about it tomorrow. Or when the last three circles are done. 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    That looks very pretty. Please do show some more shots of it, we would love to see it. Where did your inspiration come from for it? Will it be for your bed?

    Are you quilting on the circles or in the cream colored areas now? I think perhaps I am tired and am asking too many questions. Sorry Lisa ;-)
    I have two (or maybe more) that are waiting for me to quilt- I don't like that I start them, get them nearly finished than forget about them. sigh. I should have been quilting while it was cold. It was a long winter- certainly I should have finished the two that are nearly done.

    Okay, off to bed.

    Kimmie
    mama to 8
    one homemade and 7 adopted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you didn't ask too many questions! And I'm not sure that you should be thinking that you "should" have been quilting all winter - were you twiddling your thumbs all this time? I don't think so. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Hi Lisa - would love to see a photo of the whole quilt. Are the circles placed randomly or in a pattern? Do you have a pic in a previous post?

    I would suggest one row of stitching around the circles about 1/4 - 1/8" out from the edges, but not stitching between the circles that are touching (if that makes sense?).

    I'm sure it will be lovely when finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Ladies, I can see I'll have to elaborate on this project, but prepare yourselves for a strange looking quilt. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see more of it too!!! :) :) :) blessed Palm Sunday Weekend to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whatever you decide, I know it will be fabulous, Lisa. I can't wait to see it all finished. ♥

    ReplyDelete