Thursday, December 5, 2013

green mitts and cats


I am still enamored with knitting these hand warmers, and getting better at it, too.  Susan showed me where to learn how to avoid those holes you get near the thumbs.  Practice.  Here is the link.

I've been reading Cat Sense by John Bradshaw, been quoting it here and am still at it - it's detailed and my reading's been slacking off lately.   Cats seem incapable of forming alliances between family groups, unlike, for example, some primates; negotiation skills of this sophistication lie beyond their capabilities. It's all quite interesting.

joining Ginny for yarnalong.


6 comments:

  1. that's a really lovely green! and such thick wooden needles... I looked at the link... my goodness, I felt like I was reading a PhD on knitting 101... sigh, I have a long way to go...! :) blessings on your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those green mitts will be warm. Thanks for the link! I sometimes come up with a hole by the heel of my socks. I'll have to try this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the green!
    Our new kittens are in tonight due to the ice storm and we are loving their antics, maybe I should read that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the storm won't be overly stormy. :)

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing that link to the twisting stitches technique! I'm thinking that twist will work well to avoid a hole when picking up stitches on a sleeve, too. Going to try it! Love the green color your knitting with. :)

    ReplyDelete