Sunday, November 10, 2013

Pumpkin Frozen Yogurt; or, What You Will*



I made up my own recipe after looking around at other ideas. Here's what I did, exactly:

Into the blender I put two 7-oz. containers of Fage low-fat Greek yogurt, with a cup of canned pumpkin*, a half cup of maple syrup and a half teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice. After tasting it, I added some leftover Cabot Greek yogurt, and maybe three soup spoonfuls of light brown sugar, because it was still tart. And another dash of the spice, with a bit of vanilla. Oh, and I poured in a bit of heavy cream. Sorry, it wasn't very exact, was it?  It could have used at least another third cup of sugar, but I was deliberately trying to avoid too much of that, so if you're okay with the tartness, it was very nice. I also mixed in a good amount of mini semisweet chocolate chips at the end. We had it on top of brownies. For somebody's birthday.

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a wonderful dessert and time! crazy about the pumpkin...

    ReplyDelete