Saturday, February 23, 2013

delicious pizza, finally

I saw an episode of America's Test Kitchen the other day where they made a thin crust pizza. This was a recipe which takes at least two days to make, maybe even three. Which is right up my alley. So I made it!

There are three things which make this pizza crust so good: bread dough, ice water and a slow rise in the fridge. The food processor is also important.



I've tried two different pizza recipes and was disappointed at the tasteless crusts. But this one is different! My search is over. They also gave a very tasty no-cook sauce recipe. I can't say enough about it. 

My problem is going to be in learning what to put on top. The crust is thin, and that's the way I like pizza, but too much stuff on top can make it soggy. They advised only a half cup of sauce, but I'd like to try more. On one, I put spinach leaves with some fresh grated Parmesan. On the other I julienned some frying peppers. That one got a little soggy - moisture from the peppers? There is also two teaspoons of sugar in the crust, which I'm not sure is necessary - I'll cut back on that next time. 

5 comments:

  1. It looks delicious Lisa

    Hmmmm starving with the hunger now!

    Hope it's not too cold in your corner of the world.

    Thanks for linking up with Green Day in your other post it is always lovely having you join in.

    Have a good week and stay warm.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that sound good, I dislike thick bready pizza crusts, will give this one a try, the traditional pizzas were not loaded up with toppings, just a few tasty things to make it yummy..... one of the best pizzas I ever had was 2 kinds of cheese and fresh crushed garlic....mmmmmmm : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, when I have some time on my hands again I will have to try it...bookmarked!
    Thanks! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pizza! I don't know who doesn't love it! That extra moisture possibly DID come from the peppers.

    ReplyDelete