Thursday, March 22, 2012

a summerette?

We've truly had a mini summer these past few days, resulting in much beauty around the yard.

The daffodils bloomed on Monday.


And when I came home from work yesterday, there was the forsythia in full bloom - a month earlier than last year!


The other side of this was that my roses, which I hadn't pruned yet, were leafing out.

That's a real lotta leaves!

I'm usually outside in late March, coat on, pruning near the tiny leaf beginnings - today it was sandals, bare legs, and quick before it gets too hot out.

a rosehip from last fall

I pruned this rose after taking pictures. It's now a shadow of its former self.  For the time being.




round button chickenJoining Leila with a few reals and pretties. Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful flowers! I think I need to prune my rosebush as it hasn't really perked up this spring. I love the daffodils - they are one of my favorite flowers, but I won't get back home to see them this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are having growth all around here - flowers, blooming trees, grass - it's too early for this!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I always say "a shadow of its former self." :)

    ReplyDelete