Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Ash Wednesday yarnalong

I'm still working on the squares for the baby blanket - I've done four; three pink and a cream.


I just finished Madam, Will You Talk?, another of Mary Stewart's thrillers. I so enjoy them every once in a few months. This is one I hadn't read before, and very exciting. Her books just suck me in, and I think a lot of it has to do with the level of descriptiveness; she had an amazing ability for that.

I'm still with The Devil's Right Hand, but now that it's Lent, I'm veering a little toward books which will help me along during the season.  Working in a library is funny - I buy books which appeal to me, and then find a spot for them on my shelf. And there they sit, because books at work grab my attention first. And anyway, if I own something, I can read it any time, right?  I won't be at the library forever!  (although I've been there 25 years already)

Well, Lent is a time to clear out stuff which is hanging around - spiritually and otherwise, so I'm going to be working on my bookcase, among other things.


I found the Miracles of John Paul II.   Which aren't really "yarns". But I'll be yarning along with them, anyway.

3 comments:

  1. I had this dream of finishing all the books I'm currently reading (I have about 13 or so going right now, yes, I know, crazy . . .), but it so didn't happen! But maybe I'll get through them all by the end of Lent? That might be more possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary Stewart is one of my favoritest authors. Have you ever read any of Sr. Macrina Wiederkehr's books? I just checked out, A Tree Full of Angels: Seeing the Holy in the Ordinary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of her - I'll look into it.

    ReplyDelete